Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

SharePoint 2010 - My Sites default page to My Content

Now that I have My Sites configured I enabled the NewFeeds....

Well, I like what it can do but I HATE that the site defaults to the NewFeeds first.

Ahh - found someone that has the same problem and knows how to fix it.

http://sharepoint.licomputersource.com/2010/11/how-to-remove-the-whats-happening-status-message-from-the-user-profile-page-in-sharepoint-2010/


"So lets jump into the technical side of today’s post. How do we go about changing the default home page of the My Site Host? Then disable and remove the What’s Happening Status Message. Pretty simple believe it or not. To change the default home page open the site collection in SharePoint Designer (you need to be a site collection owner of the my site host). After its open click on all files on the left hand side. In the right main area you should now see a bunch of items one being default.aspx which is the current default page. The other being person.aspx which is our desired default page. So go ahead and select person.aspx and then in the ribbon click set as home page."
 Many thanks again to the SharePoint community for posting these great articles - what a time saver!

No comments: